Introducing Absolute Cycling’s ‘100-1000 challenge’
The Ardennes Classics are here! To honor the hill classics and get your legs tested after the winter, you are invited to ride Absolute Cycling’s first ‘100-1000 challenge’.
The message is simple: With or without your cycling buddies, ride a 1000 altimeters within a 100 km bike ride. We’ve created an example route around Absolute Cycling’s HQ on komoot, check the Arnhem route here. Create and ride your challenge anywhere around the world!
Are you struggling with some extra ‘Covid kilo’s’ (like our Harm ;-)? Don’t worry, you still have time to lose some! Challenge goes from 17 April to 2 May.
Spring ride (definition):
“The first serious bike ride of the season with your cycling buddies. Chain needs to be replaced. Still hearing that strange click in my left pedal. Where are my spring gloves? Forgot to shave legs. Ate too much yesterday. I’m ready!”
I want to join. More details here:
- Create and ride 1000 altimeters within a 100 km bike ride (you can use komoot to create your route)
- You can ride a bit more or less, but the closest to 1000 altimeters and 100 km wins, where altimeters are leading
- Join the Absolute Cycling Strava Club so we see your ride
- Upload your trip between 17 April and 2 May as ‘Absolute Cycling’s 100-1000 challenge’
- Want to win one of the three Absolute Cycling trophy packs, make the most epic memory selfie and share on your social media tag & follow Absolute Cycling and use #justyouandyourride. Instagram / Facebook / Twitter
- And don’t forget to have fun!
- Struggling with sending your route to your device? Send us your suggestions to improve by email!
Great! Anything to win?
Besides ticking off that Strava April Gran Fondo with a nice amount of altimeters, we are getting you on your bike to prepare for a long season of cycling adventures.
Absolute Cycling is working on the komoot integration, so all your favorite rides are sent to your A-One directly. So we joined with komoot and give away three Absolute Cycling Trophy packages, including komoot global package vouchers! We select three riders that are the closest to a 1000 altimeters and 100 km ride (altimeters are leading, then distance).
Treat yourself after the ride!
Any questions? Drop us a line on email@example.com.
And the winners are…
After analyzing all data in the Absolute Strava Club, we came to three winning cyclists that were the closest to 1000 altimeters within a 100k ride:
SPECIAL MENTION: Edwin van de Ven managed to ride exactly a 1000 altimeters in 100,38 k ride! Well done Edwin!
- Chris Oskamp, with 1017 altimeters
- Richard Bresser, with 1020 altimeters
- Joos Janssen, with 960 altimeters
A big thank you for all contestants of the Absolute Cycling 100-1000 Challenge! See you all next time!
Learn more on how we achieve absolute precision.