Absolute Cycling B.V. respects the privacy of its members, in particular their rights regarding the automatic processing of personal data. We have therefore formulated and implementes a policy on complete transparency with our customers with regard to the processing of personal data, its purpose(s) and the possibilities to exercise your legal rights in the best possible way.
Article 1 – Legal definition
Party responsible for processing personal data (hereinafter: “Absolute”): Absolute Cycling B.V., established in Coehoornstraat 60, 6811LA Arnhem, The Netherlands, Chamber of Commerce number 67756840.
Article 2 – The processing of personal data
1. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’)
2. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identify of that natural person.
3. We process the following categories of personal data from you:
· email address
When you create an Absolute Control account, we ask you to provide your email address and name. It can be any name of your choice: full name, nicknames etc.
1. Absolute processes your email address because you use your email address and your password to sign in to your account. The legal ground for processing your email address for this purpose is based on Absolutes legitimate interest in protecting the security of your account.
2. We do not collect your personal information without a purpose.
Absolute processes your email address for the purpose of sending you important information about the app, your account, or the Absolute Cycling One.
The legal ground for processing your email address and name for these purposes is Absolutes legitimate interest in providing you important safety or other information about your Absolute products.
Absolute also processes your email address to associate it with your Absoulute Control account when you interact with our customer support representatives. The legal ground for this processing is our legitimate interest in providing quality customer support.
· Personal data that is processed when you connect your Absolute Control account to a third-party app
If you choose to enable your Absolute Control account to access accounts you have with other apps, such as Strava, TrainingPeaks etc., we will obtain information about you from such account, such as the number of calories consumed in a particular day based on information from your MyFitnessPal account or courses and segments from your Strava account.
This information is used to supplement your activity information in Absolute Control with information you have provided to such third-party apps. The legal ground for this processing is your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disconnecting your Absolute Control account from the third-party app within your Absolute Control.
· Data processed when you are cycling with the Absolute Cycling One
When Cycling with the Absolute Cycling One, you are creating data such as location, tracks, heartrate, power, etc.. The purpose of processing this data is for user to consult, analyze and/or share your ride and performance. The legal ground for this processing is your consent.
· Data processed when you are cycling with the Absolute Cycling One for test purposes
Absolute is continuously improving its software and functionalities. During Beta phase, as much as possible data will be collected to test and improve the Absolute Cycling One. The collected data, like location, tracks, heartrate, power and any other data that is usable for testing and improving the Absolute Cycling One can get analyzed by Absolute.
With all testers, separate contracts are made up and signed. If you don’t have a testing contract, this point is not applicable.
Article 3 – Registration of personal data
The collected data are recorded in an (electronic) register on a protected server.
Article 4 – Your rights regarding information
1. Each data subject has te right to information on and access to, rectification, erasure and restriction of processing of personal data, as well as the right to object to the processing and the right to data portability.
2. You can exercise these tights by contacting us at email@example.com.
3. Each request must be accompanied by a copy of a valid ID, on wich you put tour signature and state the address where we can contact you.
4. Within one month of the submitted request, you will receive an answer.
Article 5 – Legal Obligations
Article 6 – Commercial offers
1. You may receive commercial offers from Absolute Cycling. If you do not wish to receive them (anymore), please send an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Your personal data will not be used by our partners for commercial purposes.
Article 7 – Data retention
The collected data are used and retained for the duration determined by law.
Article 8 – Children
We request individuals under the age of 16 to not provide personal data to Absolute. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Article 8 – Applicable law
These conditions are governed by Dutch law. The court in the district where Absolute has its place of business has the sole jurisdiction of any dispute regarding these conditions may arise, save when a legal exception apllies.
Article 9 – Contact
For requests, questions, product information or more information, please contact: email@example.com
This privacy statement applies from 10 April 2020 on until further notice.